Monday, December 30, 2019

This is Lounge Goes Silent


Hello fellow loungers!

The moment is almost nigh, as I prepare to say goodbye to This is Lounge, as it goes off the air.

Come January 1st (as far as I know), host Radionomy will turn us off.

If you are not aware, Radionomy was bought out/ merged with Shoutcast. Not only did that mean an expensive monthly fee, but I would also have to pay the licensing fees (which have been covered by Radionomy up until now). It became a case of not really justifying the costs.

Its been a wonderful 5+ years on the air. I'm going to miss it as much as a lot of you will. 

I must send out a big thank you to Guido Van Der Meulen, Koop Kooper, Phigroa, Stephanie Sante, Vitty Masciale, Anne-Liisis Vahtra, Michael Maretimo, and many more who inspired me and helped make the station the success that it was.

I should also mention that you never know what the future may bring. I could return, streaming from another host. In the meantime, I plan to take a break, and enjoy the many Facebook posts from everyone.

Thank you for listening, Happy New Year, and.....

Stay chilled.


No comments:

Post a Comment