Sunday, August 16, 2015

The Top Ten - week ending 15 August 2015


Once again, life has gotten in the way here. Yesterday, and for the next couple of days, Toronto is experiencing a heat wave. With temperatures pushing into the mid-30's with a lot of humidity, it was decided that my wife and I take this opportunity to do a very extensive house cleaning within the comfort of our air-conditioned abode.

So i have managed to pull things together this morning while she remains sleeping, exhausted from our day, to report on The Top Ten. There's been a couple of drastic changes (Mario takes a walk, to paraphrase a Jesse Cook song title), and speaking of Jesse, he remains in Bubbling Under limbo (along with Sven Van Hees) as none of this week's tracks dip below the number ten position.

I would like to acknowledge the release this week of Openbar Zone's new album, Limestone, on Label Lemongrassmusic. Like some of you, I enjoyed their Soundcloud preview as I anxiously awaited it's release on iTunes, in the hope that I may add a track or two to the station's playlist. Well, imagine my disappointment when I found out that the Canadian iTunes has the album available only for streaming on their new iTunes Music service.  Consequently, I will have to go elsewhere (Juno?) to purchase, resulting in the experience of a foreign currency purchase, adding to the cost. Standby on this one. Perhaps Amazon.ca is my answer.

In the meantime,  let's give credit where credit is due and give a big congrats to Igor Gerzina. His Smooth Jazz sound has been the perfect summer heat antidote, and it's been duly recognized as Suburban Soul has leapt ahead into Number One this week! As mentioned above, Mario Biondi's soulful song, All I Want Is You, nosedives to the tenth position. His heartache remains on the chart for another week.

Enjoy the music, and support all of the artists we play here through the recognized digital download site of your choice.


Bubbling Under


Thanks to everyone for their support. I urge you to become a Follower here on the blog - fill in your email addresson the top right frame, and you'll automatically be notified of any of my new posts here. 
Needless to say, your donations are most welcome. Keeping the station commercial-free was a priority, and your kind donations help keep that status intact. Thanks.

Enjoy the music.


No comments:

Post a Comment