Saturday, March 19, 2016

The Top Ten - week ending 19 March 2016


Happy Saturday, my fellow loungers! I hope the sun is shining in your part of the world this weekend. We could all use a shot of Vitamin D, along with our daily dose of relaxation, in the form of chill sounds. 

To all my American followers, try not to be stressed out by the Rise of the Trump. Turn off the television and turn on the (internet) radio. As my friend Guido likes to say, let us take you on a journey...a journey that will free your mind from the real world of stress.

Deep breaths, everyone.....OK? Let's proceed to the list at hand.

Adele exudes her control over the world of music, and here at This is Lounge, it's no different. Angelika Vee's cover of her hit Hello, has reached number one here on the Top Ten! Congrats Angelika! As Jill Barber relinquishes her time atop the list, we see chill master Peter Pearson slide into the number two spot.

The biggest surprise this week came from you, the listeners. We received a large number of votes for Phigroa & ArnoB. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear that there was a little ballot box stuffing going on! (Ha! Is that why Trump is gaining in the polls?!) I never did put any limits on the voting, so please visit the station website as often as you like. 

This week also saw ÖRDÖG jump into the fray from his Bubbling Under position. Apologies to the artist - due to technical matters, the playlist does not recognize accents. So when your name appears on the screen, it will be gobblety gook. I'm trying to change all the ID tags to be without accents.

This past week, as usual, saw some new music added to the station playlist. One interesting addition came from alt-dream pop star, Låpsley (again with the accents). Our choice from the album Long Way Home of her song Cliff, rather than the current single, Hurt Me, was not a tough decision here. The dreamy, ambient sound of the track was a perfect fit. I hope you agree. I'm sure that I will soon find out, if your votes have anything to do with it! 

And with that, let me just say, that beginning this week, you will have the opportunity to vote for the Bubbling Under tracks, as well. Perhaps your vote will help a song make the jump.

Finally, thank you for tuning in. Be it for a few minutes or a few hours. I'd like to think that I took at least one person's mind to a sandy beach with a cold drink or a dimly lit jazz club, just for awhile, momentarily relieving their stress.

Thanks again for supporting these and all the artists we play on the station. Be sure to visit the Artists listing on the website for convenient links to their sites for info and downloads.



Bubbling Under



No comments:

Post a Comment